WHERE HEALTHY AND CHOCOLATE LIVE TOGETHER DELICIOUSLY
5 BERRY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We are currently loving Modern Oats! Modern Oats was founded in 2013 with one simple goal: Change people’s perception of “old fashioned” oatmeal. They are Certified Gluten-Free, whole grain rolled oats that are Non GMO and planted by small, carefully chosen family farmers in fields where no wheat is subject to cross contamination. They use the healthiest ingredients including walnuts, strawberries, raspberries, goji berries, and a lot more.
We stirred up and baked some delicious cookies using our current favorite: 5 berry flavor!
Prep time: 15 min// Cook time: 10 min// Total time: 25 min
Recipe makes about 20-25 cookies, depending on size.
2 cups flour ( we used gluten free flour but you can whatever your heart desires)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups oats (3 Modern Oats boxes)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spread a thin layer of coconut oil to the baking pan so the cookies don't stick!
2. In a large bowl, whisk the 2 eggs together (by hand)
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. To the mixer's bowl (where the eggs are whisked), add the coconut oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
5. Keep adding all the dry ingredients to the large bowl until mixture is smooth and sticky.
6. Add oats and chocolate chips.
7. Scoop about a tablespoon’s worth of dough from the mix onto the baking sheet. And repeat.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and soft in the middle.
9.Remove from the oven to sit for another 10 minutes.
10. Then enjoy!
Note: You can use a stand mixer, electric hand mixer, or mix the ingredients by hand like we did. You’ll end up with the same delicious-tasting Modern Oats cookies!