French Toast Amazingness
Happy "National French Toast Day"!
We today would be the perfect day for an amazing french toast recipe on our blog that will blow you away on your cheat days. We have to admit that it's not our healthiest recipe, BUT it's holiday season and our all-time favorite breakfast when we were kids was hands-down, french toast. If pumpkin mania has hit your house, you’ll be delighted at another way to eat it.
Vitamin-rich pumpkin puree is mixed into the French toast batter for the perfect cozy autumn breakfast.
- 3 pieces of Dave's Killer Bread (100% whole wheat or Seeded Honey Wheat)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. canned pureed pumpkin
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. Truvia Baking Blend (or ½ tsp. sugar)
- In a bowl, whip egg whites lightly with a whisk. Add in pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and Truvia. Beat together with whisk.
- Heat a skillet (or griddle) over medium heat. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Dip bread, one at a time, into egg mixture, flip over and get the whole piece of bread coated. Let excess drip off bread and then place on hot skillet (or griddle). When browned, carefully flip over. Brown on other side.
- Serve immediately with syrup or fruit and enjoy!