Matcha What? AN ANTIOXIDANT POWERHOUSE
We feel like everywhere we go right now people are drinking matcha. Coffee lovers turn into matcha fans. But why? What's the deal with this matcha? One serving of matcha tea is the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea. Matcha tea is also an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.
One of the major health benefits of matcha tea is that it delivers a mega dose of antioxidants in every sip. According to the latest innovation in antioxidant research, matcha is packed with exponentially more antioxidants than any other ‘superfood’.
Matcha Facts & Benefits
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Matcha is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Matcha is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- When you drink matcha you ingest the entire leaf and receive 100% of the nutrients of the leaf
- Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea.
- One cup of matcha = 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea in terms of nutritional content
Love Squad Matcha Chai Latte Recipe
Blend your own spice profile
- 1t chai spices: cinnamon, clove, allspice, ginger and cardamom
- 1t Gotcha Matcha
- 1 cup almond milk
Chai in this context is a mood, a dusting of flavor to warm up your soul and palate. Warm milk in a sauce pan over low heat. Add chai spices and stir occasionally until flavors express. Prepare matcha as a tea with water. Strain milk into a cup and combine with matcha. You may add your choice of sweetener at any point. Another option is to add matcha powder directly to the milk.