Regret-Free Recipes for the 4th of July!
Fourth of July means barbecues, cookouts, fireworks, and lots of time with friends and family. It also means tons and tons of FOOD! But that doesn't mean your holiday eating has to be one giant cheat day. Here are some fun and healthy recipes that will make you the star of the bbq -
(and you won't regret eating the whole bowl!)
Fresh Berries with Maple Cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
Prep: 5 minutes
- Combine sour cream and maple syrup in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine berries, and spoon into dessert dishes; pour maple cream over berries.
Patriotic Berry Kabobs
- Blueberries, 1 cup
- Raspberries, 1 cup
- Marshmallows (substitute with bananas if you prefer)
Prep: 10 minutes
- Thread 4 blueberries, 2 mini-marshmallows and 2 raspberries on each of five 10-inch wooden sticks. On the remaining seven sticks, thread 4 raspberries and 3 marshmallows to create this all-American treat.
Honey-Baked Wonton Napoleons
- 1/4 cup honey
- 24 refrigerated wonton wrappers (3-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches)
- 1 8 - ounce tub spreadable cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 7 minutes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick aluminum foil, or line the baking sheets with regular aluminum foil coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave honey at 100 percent power to liquefy, 20 to 30 seconds. Brush one side of each wonton with honey. Place wontons, honey side up, on prepared sheets.
- Bake in 400 degrees F oven until nicely browned, 7 minutes. Transfer wontons to wire rack; let cool completely.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese, honey, vanilla until smooth.
- Place 1 wonton on serving dish; spread with 1 tablespoon filling. Top with sliced berries. Place second wonton on top; spread with 1 tablespoon filling. Top with blueberries. Top with third wonton. Garnish with sliced strawberries and blueberries. Repeat with remaining ingredients for a total of 8 napoleons.
Have a safe and healthy holiday!
#lovesquad #fourthofjuly #redwhiteandblue